Please Join Us
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Registration: 3:30 p.m.
Program: 4:00 p.m.
Reception: 5:30 p.m.
(A limited number of seats will be allocated to service providers. When space is no longer available, registration will be denied.)
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
50 Fremont Street
San Francisco, CA 94105-2228
The hedge fund industry has entered a new, at times difficult, and sometimes even strange, era. Between talk of registration, regulation and reputations, many are asking if 2010 is really the best year to launch a new fund.
Please join us on Wednesday, June 23 in the San Francisco office of Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman for an informative and unique event designed to discuss the current industry landscape, guide participants through the process of launching a fund and review best practices for fund structure, the process of attaining seed capital, technology considerations, and discussions of due diligence processes.
The panel of expert speakers will be reviewing the following considerations for start-up and emerging fund managers:
- The new paradigm for the top hedge funds
- Capital raising considerations - advantages & disadvantages
- Seeding arrangements - what seeders & investors want now
- Operational components of an institutionally focused manager
- Technology and infrastructure best practices and challenges
- Jay Gould, Partner, Pillsbury
- Judith Posnikoff, COO, Pacific Alternative Investment Asset Management Company
- Greg Siemons, COO, Fiduciary Research & Consulting, LLC
- Max Catalano, Partner, Merlin Securities
- Vinod Paul, Managing Director, Eze Castle Integration
This will be a can't-miss informational event, followed by networking with your industry peers.
Registration for this event is now closed.