On October 26th, Eze Castle Integration will be hosting a breakfast seminar in London looking at Trends in Managed Services for Hedge Funds. The seminar will be hosted by Simon Eyre, Service Director at Eze Castle Integration, and Andrew Kaufmann, European Business Development Manager at Viteos.
In preparation for the seminar, let's review the current trends in the UK hedge fund market as they relate to managed services.
In a tough economic climate with tighter budgets and stricter regulations, more and more hedge funds are looking to managed services to help align their IT and business needs.
Let’s have a look at some of the current trends that are influencing hedge funds to explore managed services:
- Running a hedge fund is more complex than ever due to changing regulations, shifting investor demands and rapidly evolving technologies.
- Rising overhead costs have made it prohibitively expensive to build and maintain an enterprise-calibre hedge fund infrastructure in-house, driving the demand for outsourced solutions.
- The financial crisis added impetus to the technology outsourcing movement, as cautious investors focused on operational risks and reliable, transparent reporting and accountability systems.
- The emphasis on outsourcing has shifted from permanent onsite data centres to offsite solutions, such as Software-as-a-Service, colocation and cloud computing.
- Hedge funds today can choose from a range of outsourcing solutions, including help desks, document management, virtual Chief Technology Officers, disaster recovery plans, Financial Information eXchange (FIX) connectivity and more.
Based on these market trends, hedge funds are increasingly turning to managed services because of the vast benefits they offer, including:
- Lower cost - Hedge funds are able to reduce their IT cost while gaining access to innovative network technologies that can offer a competitive edge in the market.
- Align IT with business needs
- Access to latest technology
- Built-in disaster recovery
- Increased level of support and network availability without additional staff and cost
- Adaptability to changing business needs
We hope you can join our London event on 26 October 2011 where we'll explore this topic in more detail.
Be sure to come back for part two on Trends in Managed Services in the Hedge Fund Industry, where we will dive further and provide useful tips and resources from our breakfast seminar.
- Is Your Hedge Fund Stuck on the Technology Treadmill?
- Trends in Hedge Fund Technology Outsourcing
- A Guide to Technology Outsourcing for Hedge Funds
- eBook: Examining Cloud Computing for Investment Firms
- Selecting a Technology Service Provider: Why Experience Matters
- 8 Considerations for Evaluating Outsourced IT Providers
- New Considerations for Launching a Hedge Fund: Insights from the experts
- Corporate Essentials for Successful Hedge Fund Startups
- Recapping a Busy Week in Cyber Security Across the Globe
- What Do Hedge Fund Investors Ask About IT? A Technology DDQ cheat sheet
- Webinar Recap: What Investment Firms Need to Know about Social Media Compliance
- business continuity planning
- cloud computing
- data loss prevention
- disaster recovery
- eze castle milestones
- hedge fund due diligence
- hedge fund marketing
- hedge fund operations
- hedge fund regulation
- help desk
- high frequency trading
- launching a hedge fund
- privacy compliance
- project management
- real estate
- startup & relocation
- trends we're seeing
- videos and infographics